As the vaccination rate starts to get high, fitness business owners are keen to know the next steps they should take. We’re almost saying goodbye to lockdowns and isolation, what have we learned? What strategies do we need to get rid of and which ones should we retain? In this episode of The Marketing Muscle Up Show, Richard invites Mel Tempest to talk about what should fitness professionals do moving forward.
Mel Tempest is the CEO and the founder at Ignite Fitness Business Events, the host and founder of The Gym Owners Fitness Business Podcast and The Women’s Leaders Fitness Business Podcast. Tempest organises fitness business events and roundtable events globally. Run a women’s educational platform, is a Keynote speaker and full-time fitness business ambassador. Her current focus is working with clubs to create unique niches in their market space with innovation, programming, technology, and operational strategies. Tempest currently works in her own health club and is still active in teaching, she says seventeen years of success, owning the building and all assets relates to understanding our consumer, not offering the same, and being an early adopter.
In this episode of the Marketing Muscle Up Podcast Show, Richard talks to Mel about:
- What old-school club owners are missing out on by not going with the latest flow in the industry
- How to manage and serve the unvaccinated population
- Can old-school gyms put up functional training
- How hands-on should a business owner be in their fitness business
- Should training still be provided in digital and online platforms
- What the local fitness industry need to do to raise the standards
- How to collaborate for longevity in the fitness industry
- 2022 gym and studio predictions
Listen in and learn what to do to move forward after COVID and into the new year!